Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu, The Inca Quarry 4 Days
The Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu is one of the newest treks that we are launching for people who have not been able to book the classic Inca Trail. On the Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu you will be able to appreciate the beauty of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the famous river of Vilcamayu or Vilcanota and the snowy peaks of the Veronica mountain (5750m / 19,450 ft). You will also be exploring Incan sites along the way as well as gazing upon the amazing waterfall of Soqma at the Incan site of Peromniyoc.
This Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu takes you through the most incredible landscapes as well as the old quarry of the Incas, which is the best preserved quarry from the Incan period.
Cachicata Trek – Highlights
- Amazing views Veronica peak
- Amazing mountain ranges of Urubamba
- Beautiful cloud forest and lush vegetation
- Amazing grasslands
- Llamas and alpacas
- History and cultural immersion
- Beautiful streams and cascades
- Stunning inca quarry
- Flora and fauna
- Delicious food and traditional cuisine
- Amazing Wonder of the World Machu Picchu
Cachicata Trek, The Inca Quarry – Summary
- Trip style: Adventures, History & Cultural Immersion
- Length: 4 Days/ 3 Nights
- Frequency: All Year Round
- Group: 2 persons min , max 10 persons
- Physical grading: Moderate, Challenging
- Total distance hiked: 25 km /15,5 miles
- Beginning altitude: 3,300 m /10,10,837 ft
- Maximun altitude: 4,500 m /14,764 ft
Cachicata Trek, The Inca Quarry – Itinerary
- Day 1: Cusco – Soqma- Rayan (Meals: L/D)
- Day 2: Soqma – Paucca Qasa – Choquetacarpo (Meals: B/L/D)
- Day 3: Choquetacarpo – Inca Quarry – Ollantaytambo (Meals: B/L/D)
- Day 4: Machu Picchu Wonder of the World – Cusco (Meals: B)
Cachicata Trek, The Inca Quarry – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Soqma – Rayan
We will pick you up from your hotel at approximately 5:30am and then drive by private bus for two hours to Soqma, which is the starting point for our Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu. Then the real adventure begins as we follow a gently undulating path for half an hour, before ascending gradually for another hour until we reach the Incan site of Piroiniyoc and the waterfall of Soqma. From here we will further explore and enjoy the amazing views of the Soqma Valley and take a short break at our lunch spot. After lunch we will continue hiking for another hour along more scenic paths until we reach our camping site at Rayan.
- Walking Distance: 8 km / 5 miles
- Starting elevation: 3200 m /10,511 ft
- Highest elevation: 3700 m / 12,130 ft
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Meals Included: Lunch, Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping
Day 2: Rayan – Pucca Qasa – Choquetarpo
Our wake up call will be at 5:30am with a nice warm cup of coca tea. Following breakfast we start the hike uphill for three and a half hours, stopping at scenic viewpoints where we can take in the beautiful views of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the amazing snowy peak of the majestic Veronica mountain (5750m / 19,100 ft ) as well as the Urubamba river down below in the valley.
We then make a stop for lunch before continuing out trek higher, hiking for another two hours to cross the highest mountain pass of the trek, Kuychicassa pass (4450 m / 15,511 ft). From here we then head downwards for two hours to Inti Punku (meaning Sun Gate) and enjoy the impressive views over the valley bellow and the Veronica mountain rising over the horizon. Our campsite for the night is then only a stones throw away at Choquetacarpo.
- Walking Distance: 14 km / 8 miles
- Starting elevation: 4450 m /15,511 ft
- Difficulty: Moderate / Challenging
- Overnight Elevation: 3600 m / 12,130 ft
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping
Day 3: Choquetarpo – Inca Quarry – Ollanta
We wake up at 5.30 to begin our day’s trek. Following a tasty breakfast we start our descent for three hours to an old Incan quarry where you will learn about the building techniques of the Incas.
We will also take in the Ollantaytambo Inca site from a distance as well as spectacular views of Veronica mountain. Then we will descend for two hours more down hill where we reach the end of the hike. After a tasty lunch together we then take a private bus all the way to Machu Picchu town. We will enjoy a final celebratory dinner together before retiring to our hotel enjoy a good nights sleep in preparation for the early start the following day.
- Walking Distance: 9 km / 5 miles
- Starting elevation: 3600 m /12,511 ft
- Highest Elevation: 2800 m / 8,130 ft
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Meals Included: Brekfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Accommodation: Hotel
Day 4: Machu Picchu Inca Site – Cusco!
We wake early to catch a bus up to the Wonder of the World Machu Picchu where we will have the opportunity to enjoy sunrise and experience the wonder of Machu Picchu in the morning light. You will enjoy a two hour tour from a local guide around this astonishing archeological site and then enjoy some free time to explore it further by yourself. During this time you may also opt to hike to the top of Huayna Picchu, the iconic mountain peak that overlooks the site of Machu Picchu or Macchu Picchu Mountain itself! After we will return to Machu Picchu town by bus from where we catch our train to Ollantaytambo and then a private bus back to Cusco.
- Starting elevation: 2115 m / 6853 ft
- Highest Elevation: 2115 m/ 7231 ft
- Difficulty: Easy
- Meals Included: Breakfast
Included in the Cachicata trek, The Inca Quarry:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Chef and Assistant Chef
- Mules to carry 7 kg of your personal items.
- Pick-up from your Hotel
- Private bus from your Hotel to Lares
- Train to Machu Picchu town
- Train back to Ollantaytambo
- Private bus from Ollantaymbo to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks and 3 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Kitchen tent and Dining tent with tables and chairs
- 4 man tent for every 2 trekkers
- Sleeping mattress
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
Not Included in the Cachicata Trek, Inca Quarry:
- Sleeping Bag (Can be rented from us : US$20.00)
- Hiking ples (Can be rented from us : US$B15.00)
- Air mattress (Can be rented from us : US$ 20.00)
- Lunch and Dinner on Day 4
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take for the Cachicata Trek, Inca Quarry:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film with extra batteries
- Torch with spare batteries
Cachicata Trek, The Inca Quarry – Prices
- 2017 – Price per person US$600.00 (adults)
Private Group Price
- 2017 – Price per person US$650.00 ( adults)
Important: Price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need of extra Porter hire!).
- Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
- Under 18’s Discount: US$20
- Sleeping Bag US$20
- Walking Pole US$15
- Inflatable Mattress US$20
- Single Tent Supplement US$35
Optional upgrade (Need to book in advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 65.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 65.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes – Cusco: USD50.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Dependent on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance)
How to book (Group or Private Service):
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your Cachicata Trek, The Inca Quarry trek (Classic Inca Trail, Short Inca Trail, Lares Trek, Ancascocha Peru Trek, Cachicata Hike, etc.) Andean Path Travel will reply to your e-mail automatically.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Date of Birth
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail / Alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card http://www.isiccard.com upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Cachicata Trek, The Inca Quarry
- NOTE: If you want to climb to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain let us know in advance because they allow only 400 people for both mountains. You will also need to include the additional cost.
US$ 25.00 for Huayna Picchu or Machu Micchu Mountain
There are 2 time sessions:
- First group of 200 hikers is from 7 – 8 am.
- Second group of 200 hikers is from 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified although you need to be flexible to either time.
Payment of the deposit can be made through 1 following options:
- We accept deposits through PayPal.The Paypal deposit is US $200 dollars per person. Paypal charges a fee of 6%, so the deposit will actually be US $212 dollars per person. The Paypal fee does not count toward the final Cachicata trek, The Inca Quarry price. Through Paypal you will send the deposit to email@example.com
Booking your Cachicata Trek, The Inca Quarry with Andean Path Travel you are choosing the best local company in Cusco – Peru
Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on trip advisor… Join us for the adventure of a lifetime!
We look forward to Cachicata Trek, The Inca Quarry with you in 2017!!