Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 3 Days
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu is one of the most stunning hikes near by Cusco that has to offer especially for people who have not enough time to explore the hikes in the surrounding areas. This is a slightly less challenging trek that embraces a combination of nature, local communities and inca ruins, whilst avoiding the crowds of the more popular Inca Trail.
On the way to the Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu, you have the opportunity to see and explore beautiful lakes, streams and canyons. You will encounter firsthand the Sacred Valley of the Incas including spectacular archeological Incan sites and the stunning mountain ranges of Urubamba.
This huchuy qosqo trek 3 days will take you natural wonder of Machu Picchu where you can explore the whole city and also you can go to sungate which was the most important entrace to ghe citadel of Machu Picchu.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Peru – Highlights
- Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Amazing views of Huchuy Qosqo Inca ruins
- Amazing mountain ranges of Veronica
- Beautiful villages and lakes
- Amazing tropical forests of grassland
- Flora and Fauna and Quecgua people
- History and cultural immersion
- Beautiful streams and cascades
- Delicious food and traditional cuisine
- Amazing wonders of Huchuy Qosqo and Machu Picchu
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Peru – Overview
- Trip style: Adventure, History & Cultural Immersion
- Length: 3days/ 2nights
- Frequency: All Year Round
- Group: 2 persons min, max 10 persons
- Fhysical grading: moderate, challenging
- Total distance hiked: 21 km /12 miles
- Beginning altitude: 3800 m /12,240 ft
- Maximun altitude: 4300 m /14,107 ft
NOTE , WE GUARANTEE YOU 100% DEPARTURE
Huchuy Qosqo Trek – Itinerary
- Day 1 : Cusco – Tambomachay – Pika Raqay
- Day 2: Puka Raqay – Huchuy Qosqo – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes Town
- Day 3: Aguas Calientes Town – Machu Picchu– Cusco
Huchuy Qosqo Trek – Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Tamba Machay – Puka Raqay
We will pick you up from your hotel at 6 am and drive for 20 minutes to Tambomachay which will be the starting point of our Huchuy Qosqo Trek, This trek combines beautiful views of local Indigenous villages, deep valleys and scenic lakes. The Huchuy Qosqo Trek will begin with a 3 hour uphill hike to Yancocha Lake where we will break for lunch. After lunch we continue hiking for another 40 minutes until we reach the Qory Cocha Lake and pass at 4050 mts where we will break to take in the spectacular views of Lake Qory Cocha. We begin our descent following undulating paths for another 3 hours until we reach our campsite. We’ll have afternoon tea and after have the opportunity to visit and interact with the local people from the area. Following this we will have our dinner and retire for the evening.
- Starting Altitude – 3800 m/ 12,467ft.
- Highest Altitude – 4300 m / 14,107ft.
- Walking Distance – 15 km / 8 miles
- Longest Day – Day 1, approximately 10 km / 6.2 miles
- Meal included – Breakfast –Lunch – Dinner
- Overall Difficulty – Easy
Day 2: Puka Raqay – Huchuy Qosqa – Aguas Calientes Town
The second day starts with the morning wake up call with hot cup of coca tea followed by a filling breakfast to prepare for the days trekking. We begin our hike to Huchuy Qosqo site, passing by spectacular sights of Huchuy Qosqo Canyon, the Sacred Valley of the Incas as well as the amazing snow capped peak of Urubamba mountain ranges.
Once we arrive at the Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo we will have time to explore and visit this archeological wonder and guided about the city. We then continue our trek downwards into the Sacred Valley for another 2 hours until we reach the village of Lamay. In the village we will enjoy our last lunch of the trek together before taking private transport to Ollantaytambo train station. From there will will continue by train to Aguas Calientes town where we check into our hotels and enjoy a final group dinner together.
- Starting Altitude – 2900 m / 8,467 ft
- Highest Altitude – 3500 m / 9,107 ft
- Walking Distance – 7 km / 4 miles
- Meal included – Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner
- Accommodation – Hotel
- Overall Difficulty – Easy
Day 3: Maccu Picchu Inca site –Ollantaytambo – Cusco
We wake early to catch a bus up to the Machu Picchu Inca site where we will have the chance to visit and enjoy sunrise and experience the wonder of Machu Picchu in the morning light. You will enjoy a two hour tour from a local guide around this astonishing archeological site and then enjoy some free time to explore it further by yourself. During this time you may also up to hike to the top of Huayna Picchu, the iconic mountain peak that overlooks the site of Machu Picchu as well as Macchu Picchu Mountain itself. After we will return to Machu Picchu Town by bus from where we catch our train to Ollantaytambo and then onwards private bus back to Cusco.
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK INCLUDES:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide for the adventure
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- 6 kg of your personal stuff
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Private van from your hotel to Ollantaytambo
- Private van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo inca site
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets for 2 days round trip
- Train tickets round trip
- 2Breakfasts, 2Lunches, 1Afternoon Snacks and 2Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK DOESN’T INCLUDE:
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – (you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip)
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON HUCHUY QOSQO TREK:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film with extra batteries
- Torch with spare batteries
Huchuy Qosqo Trekking service – Prices
- 2017 – Price per person US$530.00 (adults)
Private Group Price
- 2017 – Price service per person US$560.00 ( adults)
Important: Price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need of extra Porter hire!).
- Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
- Under 18’s Discount: US$20
- Sleeping Bag US$20
- Walking Pole US$15
- Inflatable Mattress US$20
- Single Tent Supplement US$35
Optional upgrade (Need to book in advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD50.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Dependent on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance)
How to book (Group or Private Service):
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
By e-mail: email@example.com
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your Huchuy Qosqo trek (Classic Inca Trail, Short Inca Trail, Lares Trek, Cachicata Hike, etc.) Andean Path Travel will respond to your e-mail automatically.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Date of Birth
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail / Alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card http://www.isiccard.com upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu
- NOTE: If you want to climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain let us know in advence because they allow only 400 people for both mountains. You will also need to include the additional fee.
US$ 25.00 for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
There are 2 time sessions:
- First group of 200 hikers is from 7 – 8 am
- Second group of 200 hikers is from 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified, although you need to be flexible to either time.
Payment of the deposit can be made through 1 following options:
- We accept deposits through PayPal.The Paypal deposit is US $200 dollars per person. Paypal charges a fee of 6%, so the deposit will actually be US $212 dollars per person. The Paypal fee does not count toward the final Huchuy Qosqo trekking price. Through Paypal you will send the deposit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking your Huchuy Qosqo Trekking with Andean Path Travel you are choosing the best local company in Cusco – Peru
Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on trip advisor… Join us for the adventure of a lifetime.
We look forward to Huchuy Qosqo Trek with you in 2017!!
Alternative Treks to Machu Picchu – Other Options
- Salkantay Trail 4 Days: Standar One
- Salkantay Expedition to Machu Picchu 4 Days: Special One
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 5 Days
- Salkantay Tour Express 3 Days
- Salkantay Trip to Machu Picchu & Zip Line 5 Days
- Salkantay & Inca Trail Expedition 6 Days
- Ancascocha Tour & Inca Trail 7 Days
- Ancascocha Trek to Machu Picchu 5 Days
- Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days
- Choquequirao Trek to Machu Picchu 9 Days
- Cachicata Trek, The Inca Quarry 4 Days
- Moonstone Trek to Machu Picchu 5 Days