Maras Moray and Salt Pound or Mine tour 1 day
This maras moray and solt pound tour gives you a taste of what the Sacred Valley region has to offer, from the Incan site of Moray, where the Incas experimented with farming techniques using the tiered system that is so unique to this region, to the salt mines of Moras, which is an ancient salt mining system, or salineras, that is still used by the local people.
These two sites were crucial for the Incas, as sources of trading with the costal regions of Peru, and are still important for the local Quechua people.
We collect you from your hotel at 8 am and drive the higher route to Chinchero and Moray, which allows you unique views of Veronica Mountain and the Urubamba Mountain range. We will be treated to a tour from a local guide and you will have time to enjoy and explore this unique archeological Incan site, which gives us a real insight in to the way of life of the ancient Incas. Following this we will make our way to the spectacular salt mines of Moras, where we will have a tour by a local guide as well as the opportunity to taste the different kinds of salt that are mined here and recieve information about their different uses.
Deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Sacred Valley & Inca Trail Trek
- NOTE: If you want to climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain let us know in advence please because they allow only 400 peoples for both mountains. You also need to add this as an additional cost.
US$ 25.00 for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain
There are 2 time sessions:
- First group of 200 hikes is from 7 – 8 am.
- Second group of 200 hikers is from 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified, although you need to be flexible to either time.
Payment of the deposit can be made through 1 of the following options:
- We accept deposits through PayPal. The Paypal deposit is US $200 dollars per person. Paypal charges a fee of 6%, so the deposit will actually be US $212 dollars per person. The Paypal fee does not count toward the final Ancascocha trek price. Through Paypal you will send the deposit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking your Sacred Valley & Inca Trail Trek with Andean Path Travel you are choosing the best local company in Cusco and Peru.
Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on trip advisor… Join us for the adventures of a lifetime.
We look forward to Sacred Valley & Inca Trail Trek with you in 2017!!