Sacred Valley Tour & Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 3 Days
This three day journey to the Sacred Valley & Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu is the highly recommended to explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas as well as hiking to Machu Picchu. We will show you the most scenic Inca sites of the sacred valley. You will experience the green and lush cloud forest and impressive agricultural terraces, temples and ritual water fountains. You will follow the sacred path of the Incas passing through the incredible sun gate to catch your first glimpse of the stunning Machu Picchu.
This Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 3 Days give you to enjoy twice Machu Picchu and was designed especially for the traveller who does not have enough time to complete the classic four day trek but who still wants to experience small portion of the beautiful Inca trail to Machu Picchu.
Sacred Valley Tour & Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu – Highlights
- Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Inca trail trek to Machu Picchu
- Amazing views of winayhuayna Inca site
- Amazing mountain ranges of Veronica
- Beautiful villages
- Amazing tropical forests of grassland
- Flora and fauna
- History and cultural immersion
- Beautiful streams and waterfalls
- Delicius food and cuisine
- Amazing wonder of the world MACHU PICCHU
Sacred Valley Tour & Inca Trail Trek Machu Picchu – Overview
- Trip style: adventures, history & cultural immersion
- Length: 3days/ 2nights
- Frequency: from March to January (February is closed every year)
- Group: 2 persons min, max 10 persons
- Fhysical grading: moderate, challenging
- Total distance hiked: 14km /8 miles
- Beginning altitude: 2.250mt /7,240 ft
- Maximun altitude: 2700mt /8540 ft
NOTE , WE GUARANTEE YOU 100% DEPARTURE
Sacred Valley Tour & Inca Trail Trek Machu Picchu – Itinerary
- Day 1: Cusco – Sacred Valley – Cusco ( meals : L)
- Day 2: Cusco – km 104 – Winayhuayna- Machu Picchu (Meals: L/D)
- Day 3: Aguas Calientes town – Machu Picchu– Cusco
Sacred Valley & Inca Trail Trek – Pre-trek briefing:
You will have a thorough briefing with your guide 1 or 2 days before your trek. Your guide will meet you at your hotel and you can take this opportunity to ask questions and make any final preparations.
Sacred Valley Tour & Inca Trail Trek Machu Picchu – Itinerary
Day 1: Sacred Valley of the Incas:
Our day start by taking in some amazing city views from underneath the iconic white statue of Christ overlooking Cusco. We then bid farewell to this beautiful city and continue on into the Sacred Valley by bus. Our first stop will be in the local village of Corao. Here we learn from the local women all about their traditions, weaving techniques and in particular how they get the various coloured dyes from natural sources. In our free time we meet some of the youngest (and cutest!) members of the village community, feed some llamas and have the option of some retail therapy with many handmade textile products on offer.
Following this we pay a quick visit to a guinea pig farm as well as a chance to sample traditional empanadas hot from the oven. We then continue on to a guided tour of the Pisac ruins and take in the views of lush green valleys, mountain peaks and farming terraces from this Incan hilltop citadel. Next we stop for lunch in the Urubamba city restaurant, which is set within the beautiful surroundings of the valley. A multi-course menu allowing us to sample a variety of tasty traditional Peruvian dishes and drinks including purple chicha morada and traditional coca tea is on offer. We continue on to a guided tour of Ollantaytambo where we explore the local ruins.before arriving at our accommodation for the night.
Day 2 Cusco – km 104 – Machu Picchu
We pick you up early in the morning from your hotel to take you by private bus to Ollanatytambo. Here we board our train to Km 104, which takes approximately 1 hour 45 minutes. This is the beginning of the 2 day Inca Trail Trek Machu Pichu. The hike follows the Urubamba river for several minutes before we stop to see our first Inca site of Chachabamba. After this we start our journey uphill through beautiful tropical lush forest to the next Inca site Winayhuayna, following this we stop for lunch. Our next stop after following a gentle up and down route is the Sun Gate. From here we can appreciate the impressive view of Machu Picchu. We will have the opportunity to take some photos before continuing down to the Machu Picchu Incan site. We then get a bus to Aguas Calientes which is where we will stay for the night.
- Walking Distance: 12km / 5 miles (approx. 7 hrs)
- Starting Elevation: 2200 m / 7231 ft
- Highest Elevation: 2700m / 8543 ft
- Difficulty: Moderate / Challenging
- Meals Included: box Lunch, Dinner
- Accomodation: Hotel
Day 3 Machu Picchu Inca site – Ollantaytmbo –Cusco
We awake early this morning to catch our first bus at 5:30am from Aguas Calientes town to the Machu Picchu Inca site. Here we are given a guided tour of the enigmatic wonder of Machu Picchu with our professional tour guide for 2 hours 30 minutes. You will then have plenty of time to explore Machu Picchu by yourself before getting a bus back to Aguas Calientes town. We then board the train to Ollantaytambo after which we continue our journey back to Cusco.
NOTE: If you have extra energy you can hike up to Huayna Picchu mountain (2720m /8890ft). It takes approxiamately 1 hour 20 minutes up and down. Alternatively you can hike up Machu Picchu mounatin 2900m/9100ft) which takes 2 hours 30 minutes up and down. THIS OPTIONAL HIKE COSTS AN EXTRE FEE OF $20 US
- Walking Distance: Bus
- Starting Elevation: 2115m / 6853 ft
- Highest Elevation: 2115 m/ 7231 ft
- Difficulty: Easy
- Meals Included: Breakfast
- Accomodation: N/A
Services Included in the Sacred Valley Tour & Inca Trail Trek Machu Picchu:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Private van from your hotel to ollantaytambo
- Private van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- Entrance fee to Sacred Valley
- Entrance fee to short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets round trip for both days
- Train tickets round trip
- 1 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, Afternoon snacks and 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
Services Not Included in the Sacred Valley Tour & Inca Trail Trek Machu Picchu:
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu mountain
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What to bring to the Sacred Valley Tour & Inca Trail Trek Machu Picchu:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film with extra batteries
- Torch with spare batteries
Sacred valley & Inca Trail Trek – Prices
- 2017 – Price per person US$730.00 (adults)
Private Group Price
- 2017 – Price per person US$730.00 ( adults)
Important: Price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need of extra Porter hire!).
- Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
- Under 18’s Discount: US$20
- Walking Pole US$10
Optional upgrade (Need to book in advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 25.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD50.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance)
How to book (Group or Private Service):
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us your main departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your Sacred Valley & Inca Trail Trek (Classic Inca Trail, Short Inca Trail, Lares Trek, Cachicata Hike, etc.) Andean Path Travel will automatically reply to your e-mail.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Date of birth
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail / Alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card http://www.isiccard.com upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Sacred Valley & Inca Trail Trek
- NOTE: If you want to climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain let us know in advence please because they allow only 400 peoples for both mountains. You also need to add this as an additional cost.
US$ 25.00 for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain
There are 2 time sessions:
- First group of 200 hikes is from 7 – 8 am.
- Second group of 200 hikers is from 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified, although you need to be flexible to either time.
Payment of the deposit can be made through 1 of the following options:
- We accept deposits through PayPal. The Paypal deposit is US $200 dollars per person. Paypal charges a fee of 6%, so the deposit will actually be US $212 dollars per person. The Paypal fee does not count toward the final Ancascocha trek price. Through Paypal you will send the deposit to email@example.com.
Booking your Sacred Valley & Inca Trail Trek with Andean Path Travel you are choosing the best local company in Cusco and Peru.
Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on trip advisor… Join us for the adventures of a lifetime.
We look forward to Sacred Valley & Inca Trail Trek with you in 2017!!