Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days
Inca Trail Hike 2 Days
The Short Inca trail to Machu Picchu is the most important two day hike that takes you into Machu Picchu. Despite the shorter trek time you will nonetheless experience all of the main highlights of the real 2 day Inca Trail Peru. These include walking through the lush forest of the Amazon, hiking the 2 day hike to Machu Picchu Trek on the Peruvian Andes and enjoying the beautiful views of snow-capped peaks and natural streams. You will see Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate, the same entrance used by the Incas on their spiritual pilgrimages to the sacred site of Machu Picchu – Peru. You will enjoy a guided tour and explore the ruins of this wonderous archaeological site as well as an optional hike up to the peak of Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain.
The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu takes approximately 6 to 7 hours to reach sun gate known as Inti Punku, where you can get the first panoramic views of Machu Picchu site. after finished with the photos at sun gate we have another chance to take more shots at classical spot where every people takes those poscard photos,
Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu – Highlights
- Amazing views of Wiñay Huayna
- Amazing mountain ranges of Veronica
- Beautiful villages
- Amazing tropical forest of grassland
- Flora and fauna
- History and cultural immersion
- Beautiful streams and cascades
- Delicious food and cuisine
- Amazing wonder of the 2 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
2 Day Machu Picchu Trek – Summary
- Trip style: Adventures, History & Cultural Immersion
- Length: 2 Days/ 1 Night
- Frequency: From March to January (February is closed every year)
- Group: 2 persons min , max 10 persons
- Physical grading: Moderate, Challenging
- Total distance hiked: 14km /8 miles
- Beginning altitude: 2.250mt /7,240 ft
- Maximun altitude: 2700mt /8540 ft
Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu – Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – km104 – Wiñay huayna- Machu Picchu (Meals: /L/D)
Day 2: Aguas calientes town – Machu Picchu– Cusco (Meals: B/)
2 Day Inca Trail – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Km. 104 – Machu Picchu
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at approximately 5:30 am and drive by private bus for two hours to Ollantaytambo train station.We will then catch the train all the way to Km 104 of the Short Inca trail to Machu Picchu where we disembark and cross the Urubamba river.
In this journey we will pass through a control point to enter the National Park and we will explore the site of Chachabamba, the first Incan ruins of our tour. After this we will start the four hour hike up to the Winayhuayna Inca site where we will stop for photos and lunch. After further exploring the site we will hike gently up for another couple of hours to the Sun Gate entrance to Machu Picchu. After another stop for some iconic photos we will hike for 40 minutes back down to the main Machu Picchu site, from where we will catch a bus back down to Aguas Calientes Town where we stay overnight.
- STARTING ELEVATION: 2200 m / 7231 ft
- HIGHEST ELEVATION: 2700m / 8543 ft
- DIFFICULTY: Moderate / Challenging
- MEALS INCLUDED: Packed Lunch, Dinner
- ACCOMMODATION: Hotel
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
We wake early to catch a bus up to the Machu Picchu Inca site where we will have the chance to enjoy sunrise and experience the wonder of Machu Picchu in the morning light. You will enjoy a two hour tour from a local guide around this astonishing archeological site and then enjoy some free time to explore it further by yourself.
During this time you may also opt to hike to the top of Huayna Picchu, the iconic mountain peak that overlooks the site of Machu Picchu. After, we will return to Aguas Calientes Town by bus from where we catch our train to Ollantaytambo and then onwards by private bus back to Cusco.
- WALKING DISTANCE: Bus
- STARTING ELEVATIOn: 2115m / 6853 ft
- HIGHEST ELEVATI0N: 2115 m/ 7231 ft
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- MEALS INCLUDED: Breakfast
- ACCOMODATION: N/A
Included in the 2 Day hike to Machu Picchu:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Private van from your hotel to Ollantaytambo
- Private van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- Entrance fee
- Bus tickets round trip for both days
- Train tickets
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, Afternoon snacks and 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
Services Not Included in the Short Inca Trail:
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu mountain
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trek.
What to bring to 2 day trek to Machu Picchu:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film with extra batteries
- Torch with spare batteries
Prices for the Short Inca Trail Peru
Group Service for Two Day Inca Trail
- 2017 – Price per person US$460.00 (adults)
Private Group Price
- 2017 – Price per person US$500.00 ( adults)
- Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
- Under 18’s Discount: US$20
- Walking Poles US$5
Optional upgrade (Need to book in advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 70.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 70.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD 50.00 (Need to book in advance)
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired (Need to book in advance)
How to book (Group or Private Service):
You can either book by emailing us or by using the booking form provided on this site.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us your main departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your trekking (Classic Inca Trail, Lares Trek, Salkantay Trek, Ancascocha Peru Trek, Cachicata Hike, etc.) Andean Path Travel will automatically respond to your email.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Date of birth
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail / Alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card http://www.isiccard.com upon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu – Peru).
Deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the 2 day Machu Picchu Trek
- NOTE: If you want to climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain let us know in advance please because they allow only 400 people for both mountains. You also need to include this as an additional cost.
US$ 25.00 for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountains
There are 2 time sessions:
- First group of 200 hikers is from 7 – 8 am.
- Second group of 200 hikers is from 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified, although you need to be flexible to either time.
Payment of the deposit can be made through 1 of the following options:
- We accept deposits through PayPal.The Paypal deposit is US $200 dollars per person. Paypal charges a fee of 6%, so the deposit will actually be US $212 dollars per person. The Paypal fee does not count toward the final trekking price. Through Paypal you will send the deposit to email@example.com
Booking your Lares Trek with andean path travel you are choosing the best local company Cusco – Peru
Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on tripadvisor… Join us for the adventure of a lifetime.
We look forward to Short Inca Trail with you in 2017!!