Rainbow Mountain Hike Peru 2 Days
The Rainbow Mountain Hike peru 2 Days is one of the most varied and interesting hikes that Cusco has to offer especially for people wanting to explore the wondrous beauty of this region. Rainbow Mountain peru is known as Vinicunca Mountain and is situated in the Peruvian Andes near the Sacred Mountain Ausangate whose peak reaches over 6,380m.
This amazing Mountain has been voted by National Geographic as one of the top 5 hikes in Cusco region and is revered all over the world.
Rainbow Mountain peru , named thus for it’s unique and distinctively colourful stripes, is a wonder to behold. Our Rainbow Mountain Hike peru 2 Days gives you incredible views of snow-capped peaks and glacier as well as the chance to encounter native animals such as llamas and alpacas, explore local villages of Quechua descendants as well as the breathtaking natural surroundings of The Rainbow Mountain peru .
The Rainbow Mountain Peru is an excellent option for people who want to thoroughly experience the stunning Rainbow Mountain as well as taking in the surrounding mountain ranges and the lakes and lagoons these glacial peaks feed. The Rainbow Mountain Hike Peru 2 Days has the advantage of allowing you to experience sunrise and sunset in these magical surroundings taking full advantage of the morning light and the evening dusk.
Rainbow Mountain Peru – Highlight
- Amazing Mountain ranges of Ausangate
- Beautiful villages
- Amazing lakes of grassland
- Llamas and alpacas
- History and cultural immersion
- Beautiful streams and cascades
- Flora and fauna
- Delicious food and traditional cuisine
- Amazing wonder of RAINBOW MOUNTAIN PERU
Please come and join us for the hike of a lifetime!
Rainbow Mountain Hike – Overview
- Trip style: Adventures, History & Cultural Immersion
- Length: =Rainbow Mountain Peru 2 days/ 1 night
- Frequency: All Year Round
- Group: 2 persons min , max 10 persons
- Fhysical grading: Moderate, Challenging
- Total distance hiked: 16 km/9,100 miles
- Beginning altitude: 4,326 m/14,189 ft
- Maximun altitude: 5,020 m/16,564 ft
NOTE , WE GUARANTEE YOU 100% DEPARTURE
Rainbow Mountain Hike – Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Urcos– Quesiuno – Llamachimpana (Meals: L/D)
Day 2:Llamachimpana– Vinicunca – Quesiuno – Cusco (Meals: B)
Rainbow Mountain Peru – Pre-trek briefing:
One or two days before the departure of your Rainbow Mountain Hike Peru you will attend a briefing with your trek guide. Your guide will meet you at your hotel and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and discuss final preparations.
Rainbow Mountain Hike – Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Urcos – Quesiuno – Llamachimpana
We will pick you up early from your Hotel in Cusco and begin our journey driving through the Southern Valley. The drive to the trailhead at Quesiuno at over 4,320m will take approximately three hours. We arrive at Inkintuyoc bridge where our chef will prepare a tasty breakfast to set us up properly for the day’s trekking.
After breakfast we will pack up all our mountain gear on the horses and begin our ascent of the Rainbow Mountain Hike Peru. We will pass by a lovely crystal stream, after which we can encounter native llamas and alpacas.
We will then be blessed with our first views of and Ausangate Mountain peak, which will be a constant for the rest of our journey. We will hike through villages and interact with the local Quechua people and after hiking for approximately three or four hours we will reach our camp site at Ccayrabiri near by the village of Llamachimpana. Our chef will then prepare a delicious lunch for us, after which we will have the opportunity to learn about the history, customs and traditions the local Quechua people which they love to share with hikers and mountain lovers.
At the camp site we will have some free time whilst being heartily fed with afternoon tea and dinner, before getting into our tents and getting a good night’s sleep under the starlit sky.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner (including a snack and afternoon tea)
- Overnight Elevation: 4,650 m/15,255 ft
- Highest Elevation: 4,320 m/14,890 ft
- Distance to walk: 4 km/2.5 miles
- Approximate walking time: 3 to 4 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Challenging
Day 2: Llamachimpana – Vinicunca – Quesiuno – Cusco
The goal of today’s trek is to reach the spectacular Rainbow Mountain which will be a two hour uphill hike. On our way up we will have views of the stunning colourful mountains, the Ausangate Glacier and the Surine Mountain.
Finally we will reach the pinnacle of our Rainbow Mountain Hike Peru at 5,020m, what we came to see…the Rainbow Mountain! Once we have taken in the impressive views and the beauty of the Rainbow mountain, there will be time to take photos and explore the surrounding area. After about half an hour, we will begin our descent via the same route we came.
This should take approximately four to five hours, but know that our chef will have a tasty lunch waiting for us at the bottom. After we will drive for three hours back to Cusco where you will be dropped off at your Hotel at approximately 7pm.
- Meals: Breakfast / Lunch + snacks
- Highest Elevation: 5,020 m/16,466 ft
- Distance to walk: 10.5 km/6.5 miles
- Approximate walking time: approx. 6/7 hours
- Level of Difficulty: Difficult
Services Included in the Rainbow Mountain Hike:
- Professional English speaking tour guide for our Rainbow Mountain Hike Peru (an additional guide will be present for groups of 9+)
- Pre-trek briefing at your hotel
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel and transportation to Quesiuno
- Four man tent per every two trekkers
- Use of Kitchen tent, Dining tent and portable toilet facilities
- Professional Chefs
- Porters and Horses to carry 8kg of your personal items
- Duffle bag to hold 8kg of your personal gear
- 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- Hot water for washing
- Boiled and then cooled water to fill water bottles
- Use of emergency oxygen bottle and first aid kit if required
- Entrance fee to Rainbow Mountain Peru
Services Not Included in the Rainbow Mountain Peru:
- Sleeping bag (Can be hired from us US$20)
- Hiking poles (Can be hired from us US$15)
- Air Mattress (Can be hired from us US$20)
- Travel/Medical/Emergency insurance
What to bring to the Rainbow Mountain Hike:
- Original passport
- Sleeping bag
- Hiking clothes (warm/winter jacket, waterproof trousers, hiking boots, rain poncho, winter hat, gloves etc.)
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wet wipes, personal towel)
- Sun protection lotion (factor 35+ recommended)
- Head lamp
- Sunglass and sun hat
- Spare batteries (batteries run down faster at altitude)
- Binoculars Hiking poles (must be rubber tipped)
Rainbow Mountain Hike – Prices
- 2017 – Price per person US$360.00 (adults)
Private Group Price
- 2017 – Price per person US$400.00 ( adults)
Important: Price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need of extra Porter hire!).
- Student Discount: US$20 (Requires ISIC Card to qualify)
- Under 18’s Discount: US$20
- Sleeping Bag US$20
- Walking Pole US$15
- Inflatable Mattress US$20
- Single Tent Supplement US$35
How to book (Group or Private Service):
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
By e-mail: email@example.com
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your Rainbow Mountain Hike (Classic Inca Trail, Short Inca Trail, Lares Trek, Cachicata Hike, etc.) Andean Path Travel will reply to your e-mail automatically.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Date of Birth
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail / Alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card http://www.isiccard.com upon your arrival here in Cusco).
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$ 200 per person for the Rainbow Mountain Hike
Payment of the deposit can be made through 1 following options:
- We accept deposits through PayPal.The Paypal deposit is US $200 dollars per person. Paypal charges a fee of 6%, so the deposit will actually be US $212 dollars per person. The Paypal fee does not count toward the final Rainbow Mountain Hike price. Through Paypal you will send the deposit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking your Rainbow Mountain Hike with andean path travel you are choosing the best local company Cusco – Peru
Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on trip advisor… Join us for the adventure of a lifetime.
We look forward to Rainbow Mountain Hike with you in 2017!!