Rainbow Mountain Tour – Full Day Trip
Explore the natural colours of the Rainbow Mountain Tour full day in Peru (5,020 m / 16,466 ft). Recently ranked by national geographic as one of the best hikes in Cusco región, we are unique in providing cultural immersion by intorducing our hikers to isolated communities. You will interact with local who are still keeping their unique culture and traditions alive! You will have chance to see snow capped mountain peaks, herds of llamas and alpacas, glaciers and turquoise lakes, all set within this incredibly colorful mountain range. Our Rainbow Mountain Tour is one of the most secluded routes in the region and you’ll likely not see another trekker.
Rainbow Mountain Tour – Highlights
- Amazing views of Ausangate peak
- Amazing mountain ranges of Ausangate
- Beautiful villages
- Amazing lakes of grassland
- Llamas and alpacas
- History and cultural immersion
- Beautiful streams and cascades
- Flora and fauna
- Delicious traditional cuisine
- Amazing wonder of the world Rainbow Mountain Tour
Rainbow Mountain Tour – Overview
- Trip style ; Adventures, History & Cultural Immersion
- Length : Rainbow Mountain Tour 1 Day
- Frequency: All Year Round
- Group: 2 peersons min , max 10 persons
- Fhysical grading: Moderate, Challenging
- Total distance hiked: 16 km /9,100 miles
- Beginning altitude: 4,326 m /14,189 ft
- Maximun altitude: 5,020 m /16,564 ft
NOTE , WE GUARANTEE YOU 100% DEPARTURE
Rainbow Mountain Tour – Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Pitumarca – Rainbow Mountain – Cusco
We will pick you up from your hotel at 3 am and begin with our amazing Rainbow Mountain Tour full Day Trip by driving through the South Valley. Our drive will take 3 hours to Quesiuno (4,326 m / 14,189 ft) a long the way there are amazing views of farming Inca terraces, valleys and rocky mountains.
Once we reach to the start point, we start off on our Rainbow Mountain Tour following a lovely stream. You will be greeted by the local people of the Andes and herds of alpacas and llamas. We will have great views of the Ausangate Mountain all along our ascent. We will hike through villages and interact with the local people who are still keeping their way of life, culture and their unique traditions alive.
After a total hike of approximately 4 – 5 hours, we reach our destination, what we came to see….the Rainbow Mountain (5,020 m / 16,466 ft)! After taking in the spectacular landscape you will have time to explore the area.
After taking lots of pictures it is time to make our ascent down the amazing mountain top. We hike downhill the way we came which should take 2-3 hours. Our private van will be waiting for us when we return.
We will embark on the 3 hour drive back to Cusco and drop you off at your Cusco Hotel. Approximate arrival time is between 8 and 9 PM.
Services Included in the Rainbow Mountain Tour:
- Bilingual English speaking tour guide for our Rainbow Mountain Tour (an additional guide will be present for groups of 9+)
- Pre-trek briefing at your hotel one or two days prior
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel and transportation to Quesiunu
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
- Hot water
- Water bottles
- Use of emergency oxygen bottle and first aid kit if required
Services Not Included in the Rainbow Mountain Tour
- Emergency Horse
What to bring to the Rainbow Mountain Tour:
- Original passport
- Hiking clothes (warm/winter jacket, waterproof trousers, hiking boots, rain poncho, winter hat, gloves etc.)
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wet wipes, personal towel)
- Sun protection lotion (factor 35+ recommended)
- Head lamp
- Sunglass and sun hat
- Spare batteries (batteries run down faster at altitude)
- Hiking poles (must be rubber tipped)
Rainbow Mountain Tour – Prices
- 2017 – Price per person US$160.00 (adults)
Private Group Price
- 2017 – Price per person US$200.00 ( adults)
Important: Price includes up to 5 kilos of your personal belongings to be carried by the mules (NO need of extra Porter hire!).
How to book (Group or Private Service):
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form provided on this site.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your Rainbow Mountain Tour (Classic Inca Trail, Short Inca Trail, Lares Trek, Cachicata Hike, etc.) Andean Path Travel will respond to your e-mail automatically.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Date of Birth
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail / Alternative trek (you will need to show the real ISIC card http://www.isiccard.com upon your arrival here in Cusco).